Labels

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Battle is in the Mind! Day 11.


5:00 am:
I woke up exhausted this morning.  Literally bone tired and moaning at the thought of getting out of bed.  This is highly unusual for me as I'm a morning person.  I love waking up and watching the sunrise while having that quiet time before the children wake up and my day starts with a vengeance.  This morning I resembled something more akin to zombie woman.  I stumbled downstairs and literally could hardly keep my eyelids open.  I'm sure I was hysterical to watch.  I kept waiting and waiting for the "good morning sunshine" energy to kick in.

10:00am:
I have really come to realize how much fasting affects you mentally.  This is such a wonderful lesson in what the mind thinks the body becomes.  I am struggling to be happy and positive about this fast and it's really manifesting in my body.  Today I am going to focus on the wonderful benefits of juicing and finding the excitement about the healing my body is doing.  Really, it is amazing how self-healing our bodies can be if we would just get out of the way.  I keep repeating to myself that as soon as this is finished I can eat literally anything that I want to.  I have the power to control this.  This is just a temporary time-out for healing and lessons in practicing self-control.

5:00 pm:
I did something today that I have never done before in my whole life.  I took a 2.5 hour nap.  See, I told you I was tired!  Wow!  The most amazing thing was what happened when I awoke.  I was really craving a green drink.  Yep, you read that correctly.  I really couldn't wait to come downstairs and make myself a cool and refreshing juice.  I downed 1.5 liters of kale, cucumber, parsley, celery, carrot and apple juice.  My cells are now singing the "Hallelujah Chorus".  Things are starting to look up today.  I feel tired, but healthier and more excited about continuing this fast than I have in quite a few days.  Life is good and God is great!

Oh, and I have fabulous news to report.  My daughter, Faith, has decided to start her own fast.  She's going to be drinking Green Smoothies and Green juices.  She made it the whole day and didn't even complain.  I am so incredibly proud of her.  She's such a trooper!

Remember moms just how powerful our actions are in influencing these precious children that God has placed in our care!

I got this link in my email yesterday.  It's a great article on some of the benefits of fasting that I thought some of you would enjoy.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting-weight-loss/#axzz1qMCT

No comments:

Post a Comment