Labels

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time to Refocus

I am now in the double digits!  Day 10 has arrived and I haven't stolen any little children's ice cream cones or threatened to hold up a chocolate factory.  I think that alone spells success!  I had decided before I started this fast that I was not going to ever quit at night. That is always my weakest time emotionally. If I decided to come off it I would have to make the decision one day and execute it the next. I'm so glad I did that. I was completely ready to quit last night! I had gone 4 days without any weight loss and was nauseous and couldn't fathom putting another green drink into my mouth. I was and still am EXTREMELY HUNGRY! I wanted to join my family in eating dinner so badly. Today, however, I lost a couple of pounds and feel a little stronger emotionally. My nausea is still here but at a manageable level. So, here goes Day 10.


Well, it's now the night of Day 10 and everything went really well until about 4:30.  I once again I hit that dark and overwhelming place of really, really wanting to quit and inhale everything in sight.  I'm not talking about having a meal, I truly mean inhaling every single thing in sight!  If I don't come up with a hugely brilliant plan immediately, I can tell I am soon going to be sitting down to an enormous dinner buffet.  I've got to find a way to 1) get in more green juices to help control this hunger and 2) have an action plan for when that emotional and physical tiredness kicks in.  I guess maybe it's time to start going for a walk every night while the family eats or something else that will help to get me out of the house and refocus on something besides it being dinnertime in the Elliott household.  I mean really, I'm only human!  The smells of  sprouted bread warming gently in the toaster as farm fresh eggs, drenched in butter and coconut oil, sizzle hotly in the frypan and the smell of vegetables sauteing with onions and garlic completely permeate every inch of the downstairs is well, more than this woman can handle! 


I'm really grateful for all the encouragement I've gotten.  I think, quite honestly, that if it wasn't for that I would have quit last night or tonight.  That's one of the reasons I've been so out there about doing this fast.  I wanted and need the accountability of friends.  I just keep reminding myself that people are watching this process and I can't let them or myself down.  The other thing that has helped me tremendously is the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  I can't recommend this movie enough.  It truly is very inspiring and powerful!


http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/


Take care and stay healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment